Everything has a purpose in this Universe. There is nothing in this world that does not serve you. Even if you feel devastated during difficult times, there are always blessings in disguise. As we have become busy with our work and other distractions, we have taken sunlight for granted. Sunbathing is the best way to connect to nature and cleanse your aura. Sun is an incredible source of energy, not only for plants and trees but for human beings too. Taking sunlight for just a few minutes every day has proven physical, mental, and spiritual health benefits.
The sun seems the biggest proof that there is a light source behind everything that exists in the galaxy. No Technology, human being or any other creature on the planet can control the movement of the sun or moon. Our days have started whith the sunrise throughout existence. Have you ever thought about what would happen if there was no sun? In that case, there would be total darkness all around all plant life and shortly after wildlife would die off and we wouldn't survive.
Here are the major reasons why you should take time out to enjoy sunlight:
1) Physical Benefits:
- Vitamin D: Bathing in sunlight has numerous physical advantages. Vitamin D is necessary for our body to strengthen our immune system. It also helps our bodies absorb calcium, making our bones, hair, and nails stronger.
- Blood Circulation: Standing in the sun for just a few minutes a day will enhance blood circulation, leading to a healthier life.
- Melatonin Production: When we expose our bodies to the sun, the happy hormones that are serotonin and endorphins, are released. Moreover, the sunlight is transmitted to our brain through the optic nerve and increases the production of melatonin.
2) Spiritual Benefits:
- Aura Cleansing: Sunbathing is one of the oldest practices and is also called “Heliotherapy”. It removes all the negativity from our aura, making us feel super-charged. Spending some time in sunlight literally cleanses your aura and removes negative energies.
- Sungazing: Sungazing is another of the oldest yoga practices in which you stare indirectly at the sun. It is said to enhance your focus and productivity.
- Light: Sun is the major source of light in the Universe. It has always played an important role in religious, cultural, and spiritual matters. It is considered a positive symbol that shows light, new beginnings, and even masculinity in the spiritual world.
If you haven’t tried sunbaths yet, you should add them to your routine. Just lay there and let the light enter your body. You can also do short mindfulness meditation for mental clarity. Make sure to hydrate yourself during the sunbaths and apply a thin layer of sunscreen. Your sunbaths do not have to be long either. Just a 30 minute-sunbath is enough for your body. Once you have taken a sun shower you can take a normal shower to cleanse and refresh your physical body.